Sunday, May 9, 2010

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ME!!!

Did anyone besides Jan at Little Pink Houses guess what my cute and cuddly Mother's Day gift to myself is? I guess not since Jan is the only one that commented ... and she wins! She was right ... I'm adopting ... a brand new 8-week-old Yellow Lab and here he is (with my son):

Photobucket

And now by himself ...

Photobucket

His name is Finn. Isn't he cute? He has so much skin that he needs to grow into ... almost looks like a Sharpei (did I spell that right?)!

Happy Mother's Day to all!

P.S. And here is what Jan has won - something fun from Yankee Candle! I won't be mailing her gift since I will be seeing her next week! :-)

Photobucket


3 comments:

  1. Oh Congrats!! I do so love puppies!!!He is precious!! Enjoy!
    Happy Mother's day!
    Hugs,Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you think to ask me! When potty training you have to take them out on a leash to one spot. Start a cue word. Doesn't matter but one everyone will use. You need to stay in that spot for a few minutes and ONLY use the cue word. If he goes use the word and praise him. Then let him off leash (I am assuming you have a fenced in yard) and send him to play. Even as they are older you can send them out and they will play and come in and potty! I know it is more work and I am #1 at not wanting to do it but it will work. May take a few weeks. Take a book out with you and read while standing there. He shouldn't play and should be reminded to do his business. Potty pads are good but I think you want to get away from them at some point so use them as back up. Also if you get a plain leash and leave it on him in the house 1 you will know where he is 2 he will get used to it 3 he will know that when it is on he should act different. Take it off while playing in or outside (again in a fence :) Are you using a crate? That helps him learn to hold it. He is still really young and you may want to move it to every 2 hours when you can. Then in a few weeks spread it out. Also if you catch him pick him up and take him out to the spot you choose immediately. Even if he doesn't still need to go if you take him out use his word he will get it. Good luck! I put NO PUPPIES on my list for my next dog I did it once and Casey was so very easy I don't want to push my luck! They are super cute though! Let me know how it goes!
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yippie! Thanks! Hope you had a great Mother's Dog Day!

    ReplyDelete