Thursday, December 31, 2009

A NEW YEAR ON THE HORIZON

Another new year is on the horizon and at this point, my new calendar is blank. A. big. blank. slate!

Photobucket


I am amazed at how fast each year goes. I was talking to my boss the other day and I asked him if he made New Year's Resolutions. He does not ... and neither do I. It's funny how the majority of us see the new year as the time to make changes, when we can make those same changes when the sun comes up on each new day (I'm sort of one of those people) Each new day brings new possibilities ... get organized, start losing that last 20 pounds (me!!!), etc.

Although I do not make resolutions, I do make lists/goals. I am such a list person ... I write lists at home, at work, everywhere! I love having a long list and at the end of each day, most everything is crossed off. Satisfaction! On my list so far for the year is:
  • To blog at least every other day and to figure out how to make my blog look better with a cute header and background.
  • To organize that recipe cabinet (remember those pictures from an earlier post?).
  • To regularly sell on ETSY
  • I also want to become better at technical stuff .... like figuring out how to use the IPOD Shuffle my hubby got me for Christmas.
  • I want to be walking five miles a day by April.
  • And to just become a better person all around (this is definitely a daily process)!
Now see how I just made a list?? And just so we're all clear ... these are not resolutions ... they are goals!! LOL

I have been checking most of your blogs regularly and I sounds like everyone had a really nice Christmas. Mine was nice, too!! Big Christmas Eve dinner with whole family at my Mom's and then quieter/relaxing Christmas Day at home with hubby and son. I got a lot of gift cards and money ... love that!!!! I also got a nice bonus at work! Yippee!!!!

I have to show you what I got with some birthday money that I still had from October. Isn't this too cute? And unusual ... I've never seen another one ...

Photobucket

It is a wood cookbook holder with two birds on either side. The birds look like big, fat quail (or partridges) to me. It's a fun item for my kitchen counter. Everyone have a safe New Year's tonight!!! See you in 2010! :-)

2 comments:

  1. So glad you had a wonderful Christmas, MJ! Hope you have a Happy New Year and may the best of everything enter your life in 2010. :) I am loving that wood cookbook holder!! How unique and adorable! :)

    I don't do New Year's resolutions either. Lol! I just know I will set the standards too high in the beginning and avoid them. LOL!

    Stay safe!! See you in 2010. :)

    Michelle and the kitties xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! Hope it is your best yet!
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete