Saturday, January 9, 2010

BABY, IT'S COLD OUTSIDE!

I bet it's cold in your neck of the woods ... know why I know that? Because I think it's cold EVERYWHERE in the US right now. It's 45 degrees here right now, which is summer compared to what some of you are going through and really isn't too bad for us but in the mornings, it gets into the 30s and that's cold for us!

Well, looking back on my last post and my "goals" ... I haven't yet lost those 20 pounds (just two), I haven't started walking yet (too cold), I don't know how in the world my new Ipod works ... BUT I have listed some stuff on ETSY!! Hooray!!!! One for six is not too, too bad!!!!! LOL! If you get a chance, please check out my ETSY site ... my name on there is beachdog7 ... they won't let me change it to Yellow Beach Dog. Boohoo!!! Here is a link that you will need to copy and paste (by the way ... can anyone tell me how to make a link?): http://www.etsy.com/shop/beachdog7

Last Saturday, my Mom, son (Ty) and I took the train up to Old Sacramento. We met my brother, his wife and her son & his family up there. It takes just about an hour to get up there by train. It was a bit chilly but we had fun walking around. Here's a picture of our train station (Ty took this one) ... make sure you click on it because it's really a neat picture.

Photobucket

I haven't been doing a whole lot lately. My work is going to be getting busier from now until March so I will most likely be working a few more hours each week. I did get to my local quilt shop and bought a couple patterns. I found out they have a drop-in embroidery class on the third Monday of the month so I think I will go to that next Monday. I have been wanting to brush up on my embroidery skills so that I can make dishtowels for the ladies in my family for Christmas. I also just found out that my church is hosting a quilting & knitting class on Monday afternoons. I know how to quilt and knit, but I need to brush up on my knitting skills. So these classes will be perfect for me!

I've been wanting to re-arrange the books and things in my bookcases for a while. So I've kind of started working on that.

Photobucket


See those cute red, striped baskets? I got those at Target a couple days ago. Along with these cute glasses. And the red ceramic utensil holder.

Photobucket

The glasses come four to a pack and were on sale for just $8.99. I also got four very cool goldish wood frames for just $3 to $4 each ... they were on clearance.

Here is a close up picture of the top of the bookcases.

Photobucket

I have red berry garland, with some ivy garland intertwined, and then I have a garland of white plastic dove lights. I got these dove lights on clearance at a Christmas store in our mall about 10 years ago. I still have one box left that I have never put out. I just love them! And I've never seen anything like them before.

See ya soon!







2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the vintage style glasses Mary Jane-will be going to Target tomorrow! Also love the photo of the train station that Tyler took and am glad he's still persuing photography-he is so talented and has such a good eye!

    ReplyDelete