Monday, November 30, 2009

OH MY ... IT'S ALMOST DECEMBER!!!

Can you all believe that it's December 1st tomorrow??? I hope everyone had a blessed Thanksgiving. Mine was nice ... most of my family (some could not make it) had dinner at my Mom's. She lives here in town close to me. I have officially started all of my Christmas decorating! I usually start the day after Thanksgiving. I am just about done with everything ... except we need to get the tree, which we will do sometime this week. Here are a few pictures. I will post lots more once I am all done!

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Do you see the picture above? That's a cardboard Nativity set from the 40s. My Mom found it while she was working at the library doing book sorting. Isn't it cool? My hubby found Fletcher chewing on the star yesterday ... bad kitty!!!!

I think I told all of you that I was going to be hosting a Christmas Brunch in a few weeks? I love to give a brunch for my friends & cousins at least twice a year. I do not let them bring anything and they always go home very full and happy! And they always take away a little memory of the day ... in the past, they have left with: a metal bird, a vintage Christmas brooch, an potted herb (I have a funny story about this gift!), a vintage Christmas hanky, a teacup, and the list goes on. This is always my special gift to my special friends!! I like to pamper them for a day. This year, I am invited four friends and three of my cousins ... they have not all met but I really think they will get along fabulously!!! So ... anyhoo ... I am planning out the brunch menu and I go to my recipe cabinet and this is what I found:

Photobucket

Photobucket


Isn't that pathetic? I am actually a very organized person but apparently, each time I've used a recipe, I haven't put it back where it goes. It will be a miracle if I can find the recipes I am needing for the brunch. Wish me luck!!!! :-) Organizing this cabinet is first on my "To Do" list for the New Year!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Three Things:
    1) What are those very cool looking framed letters in the first picture?
    2) You must dish on the potted herb story.
    3) You'll have to show us the after picture when the cupboard gets cleaned -- I love a good before and after.
    Ok 4) I love that you host a brunch -- that needs a post too LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. MJ! Thanks for coming by with your well wishes. Im' still in bed dreading the actual move today. Just in time though before the snow comes tomorrow! Once I'm moved in I will show off my prize from you. I packed everything away and didn't have the right staging since this place is filled with boxes. Love your Christmas decorations..they are so sweet. Will see you very soon!

    xoxo

    Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had my cabinets like that too. What a chore to get it organized again! Right now that is how my counters look. Ugh! How are you doing on your decorating? I don't know if I will get any decorations up this year. So far I have not gotten any up.

    ~Linnea

    ReplyDelete