Sunday, June 27, 2010

A SQUIRREL'S LIFE!

I just had to share with you what I saw in one hour's time of sitting in my backyard. First of all, I love feeding birds and squirrels in my yard!! And I usually don't mind when a squirrel eats the bird food; however, as you will see by these photos ... enough is enough!! So without further ado ... this is one hour of a squirrel's life in my yard ...

First off, he is seen eating in his own feeder ... (good boy!) ...

Photobucket


But wait ... there he is eating out of the bird feeder ...

Photobucket


Oh no, here he is eating out of another bird feeder ...

Photobucket


Oh my ... and here he is again eating out of yet another bird feeder ...

Photobucket

Oh finally! This is one feeder he couldn't get to ... see the finches eating?

Photobucket

Last night I was sitting in the family room and my husband points out the window to the squirrel feeder ... guess what was eating out of it? A rat!!! Isn't that just about the most disgusting thing?? I will have to find a way to get rid of that rat because I am NOT going to start feeding rats in my yard!!! LOL

Remember this?

Photobucket


Well, I added two baskets (painted them green) and then just put a couple of rolled up bath towels in the divided part on the bottom - wouldn't this be cute in a bathroom? I could see it full of rolled up green and white polka dotted towels!!!!

Photobucket


Oh, before I go ... a picture of Finn ... he is now almost 4 months old and very active!!! We just bought him a bubble machine at Target today .. he's not sure what to do with the bubbles! :-)

Photobucket


2 comments:

  1. That's a mighty hungry squirrel, if you ask me. Rats and squirrels are in the same family unfortunately. Yuck! for sure

    Dogs and bubbles can be pretty hysterical. Once your guy gets them figured out you should have great fun watching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Backyard animals are so fun to watch, but so destructive! A rat - ewwww! He would have to go. Put Finn on the case -- he's a cutie!

    ReplyDelete