Monday, October 5, 2009

TIME FOR CROCK POT CHILI

Well, it is finally a bit cooler here in the mornings and evenings ... but during the day still warm. At any rate, I made Chili today and served it up in my new Longaberger chili bowls and my Pumpkin Tureen. YUM!!! Just add a little cornbread and cheese & onions for toppings and you are good to go!

Brown the meat with the onions and garlic ...

Photobucket


Dump everything in the crockpot ...

Photobucket


It looks like this while it's cooking ...

Photobucket


Here are my Longaberger chili bowls (by the way, these things are wonderful!) ...

Photobucket


And my Pumpkin Soup Tureen filled with yummy chili ....

Photobucket


Dig in ...

Photobucket


Yellow Beach Dog's Chili
1 1/2 lbs. ground beef
1 clove garlic or Garlic Powder
1 large onion, chopped
1 1/2 tsp. salt
3 Tbsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/4 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. dried basil
Dash of cloves
2 cans kidney beans, undrained
1 large can diced/crushed tomatoes
4 cups tomato juice (or less ... I find that it is just a little too runny with 4 cups - I think I would cut it down to 2 cups)

Brown ground beef with garlic and onions. Add remaining ingredients and put in crockpot on low for 6-8+ hours. Serve with cornbread and toppings of cheese & onions.

3 comments:

  1. Looks Yummy!!! And chili must ALWAYS be served with cornbread, shouldn't it? I have that exact-looking pumpkin, but it's a cookie jar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm......now I am hungry for chili and corn bread!
    I just inherited mum in laws soup tureen if I make chili I have an excuse to use it right away!

    Thanks for signing up for my pumpkin give away!
    Good Luck
    Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay seriously...I am making this very soon in my crockpot!! I love using the crockpot. It's so easy. Your pumpkin tureen is adorable!! :)

    xoxo

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete