Sunday, September 20, 2009

THE WINNER AND A LOT OF SHOPPING!

What a fun weekend I have had! On Friday, a friend from work and I went over the bridge to a little town close by and had tea in a tea room. This tea room is in an old, old building. Here are a few pics (I have to tell you ... the first picture was from someone else's table. I forgot to take a picture of our food before we had eaten it all so I asked some ladies at the next table that got the same thing as us if I could take a picture! :-) click on picture for full view):

Photobucket

Photobucket


It was yummylicious! You should see this place at Christmastime! It is so pretty - they have a huge tree with decorations that you can purchase. While I was there, I bought this:

Photobucket

I just couldn't pass it up!! I love, love polka dots!

After tea, we roamed the streets looking for more stuff to buy! HA!! And look what I found to go with my new teapot! And they were 50% off!!!!!

Photobucket


Here are some more pictures from the stores:

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Note the next picture that there is a water bowl? California is VERY dog friendly ... almost everywhere you go, store owners put out water bowls for the dogs.

Photobucket

On Saturday, another friend and I went to brunch for her birthday. But before we ate, we just had to stop at a local parking lot sale that a neat little store by us was having! Isn't this fun??

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


And look at what I bought (a little yellow child's chair, a yellow American Family kitchen scale, an plant urn and a cool old metal thermos)! I stuffed everything into the trunk of my little Mini Cooper ... the open space was for my friend's box of goodies that she bought.

Photobucket

And now ... the winner of the cute yellow purse is .... Anna from Thimbleanna!!! Boy ... Anna has been lucky this month ... she has won so many giveaways!! She better go buy a lottery ticket!!

Have a great week everyone!! I'll see you back here next week!

5 comments:

  1. So you went over a bridge...did you by any chance visit Benicia? My brother used to live there. I have not been there in awhile. I recently read in another California blog about someone visiting there. We are still trying to decide what to do for our 30th anniversary on Tuesday. Only problem is that it is supposed to be really hot. I may not feel like poking around in interesting places when it is really HOT. We will see though. Maybe we will go west towards the coast instead where it will hopefully be cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Anna! You did some great shopping and had tea! What fun!
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really -- I wasn't kidding -- you can't let me win -- it's embarrassing!!! I abdicate the throne -- is there a stand - in queen LOL!!!

    Looks like you had a very lovely weekend. I love the pic of all your goodies in your mini!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anna, I'm sure your luck will run out sooner or later! But this time, you name was the one that was picked! Can't argue with a random drawing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Anna! I'm jealous though. Wow, MJ looks like you had an awesome weekend. I would have gone broke going shopping with you! Love your finds. :)

    xoxo

    Lots of love and hugs

    ReplyDelete