Monday, August 17, 2009

A VERY FUN WEEKEND AND THE WINNER

Oh my, did I have a fun weekend!!! On Saturday, we had our Annual Seafood BBQ Family Reunion with my Dad's side of the family!! It is always sooooooo fun seeing my cousins (I have 24 of them!) and my aunts and uncles!!! And to top it off, we get to eat as much seafood as we want to ... crab legs, oysters, mussels, salmon, abalone, you name it, they had it!!! YUM!!!!

On Sunday, hubby and I left the Marina at 8:45 a.m. to head up the Delta to meet up with other boats for the Million Boat Float!! We were heading to the Capital in Sacramento. We are protesting the Peripheral Canal ... this canal will be detrimental to the farmers and fish in the California Delta. Here are some photos. Don't forget to click on the photo because the right side cuts off.

Here we are leaving the marina.
Photobucket

Here is a restaurant on the water.
Photobucket

Here are some of the boats going under one of the many draw bridges in the Delta.
Photobucket


Some Delta scenery ... isn't it pretty?
Photobucket

A million dollar home on the Delta!
Photobucket

A very cool hotel on the Delta ... you can dock your boat and go up the steps to the hotel. It used to be a speakeasy in the 20's. It has a WONDERFUL Sunday brunch!
Photobucket

Some Delta farmers pulling their tractor down the Delta! Save the Delta Farmers!
Photobucket

Some of the towns people cheering us on as we make our way to the Capital in Sacramento!!
Photobucket

Some of the boats on the way to the Capital!
Photobucket

An old abandoned barn on the banks of the Delta. See the golden hills and windmills? We have a lot of these windmills in CA. They are funny looking when you first see them, then you get used to them.
Photobucket

Another home along the Delta. Almost all of these homes have their own boat docks.
Photobucket

That's the end of the Delta tour! And now for the winner of the Longaberger book ... the winner is ... DOLLY!!! Thank you all for your kind comments and for entering the contest!!! Don't forget to visit me every Monday evening. I try to post during the day on Mondays.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats Dolly! What a fun weekend you must have had. I love riding around on boats and haven't done it in YEARS!!
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I would love to go on the boat ride! My Dad used to have a much smaller boat but we still thought it was fun. Great idea for a blog post! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete