Monday, August 31, 2009

LOOK WHAT I BOUGHT!!!!!

You have got to run (not walk) to Marshall's ... look what I got this weekend? They have so many cute things right now ... don't you just love these birthday/cupcake bowls? They also had matching plates and a cute little tray with cupcakes on it. Don't forget ... click on pic if it's cut off. Sure wish I could figure out how to fix that problem!

Photobucket

Photobucket


And these Fall/Halloween plates are sooooooo cute!! I only bought two ... they had two or three other designs as well. And you will love the price!!!! I guarantee it!!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket


Oh, and I got this ribbon (just $1 each) at Michael's. These spools are great for wrapping up things in cellophane, etc.

Photobucket


My week and weekend was eventful! On Thursday, my hubby and I went to a Chris Isaak concert at a local vineyard. It was an absolutely BEAUTIFUL 75 degree evening ... we had dinner table seating and were only 50 feet from the stage. We were with 8 other people. He got these tickets for free at work. It was wonderful! Chris put on a great concert!

I have decided to sell at the antique fair again in a couple weeks. They have it every June and September. I hope I have enough stuff to fill my booth. I will be doing it by myself this time. I will also sell some of my Mom's things. So I have hardly any time to get ready for that!! My friend is going to rent the booth next to me so that should be fun. I haven't seen her in a few years so we should have fun chatting! Oh my ... as I write this post, I'm sitting by my living room window and there is a birdbath right outside the window. There are five finches playing in the water and Fletcher is just sitting there in a trance staring at them!! Bet he would like to get his paws on them!!! But it's not going to happen!!! :-)

My brother was admitted to the hospital on Thursday with a heart attack. He is going through some extensive testing right now. I'm praying everything comes out okay. He had a heart attack when he was 29. He is now 54. He somehow contracted a heart disease from a virus somewhere along the way. However, they don't know if this heart attack was caused by that. So I spent a little time at the hospital. I.HATE.hospitals!!! I only go see people there if I really have to! But more often than not, I come up with some excuse not to go! I will send cards, go visit people in their home, etc. But I try to stay away from the dreaded H word!

Guess that's it for my weekend! Today I'm cleaning the house and seeing what I can do to get ready for that show!! Have a great week everyone!

4 comments:

  1. Great weekend (except your brother hope all turns out ok!)
    Love your new finds!
    Hugs, lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow -- are those bowls ever cute! Sorry to hear about your brother -- hope he'll be ok. Isn't modern medicine wonderful?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww those bowls are sooooo cute and the plates...sweeter then candy!
    :-)
    I feel a need to go to Marshals now!
    I live so far away that when I do go its a day trip!
    But a fun day trip!

    I will keep your brother in my prayers!

    Enjoy the finches and your day
    Hugz,
    Dolly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you have been a busy girl! I am so jealous you saw Chris Isaac. I wanted to see him when he was here in Oregon but timing just didn't work out. The Vinyard setting sounds just perfect! Good luck at the antique fair! I'm terribly afraid to go to Marshalls or TJ Maxx for fear I will go crazy and lose control. Lol! You did good though! Those cupcake bowls are too adorable! Also, oh my...sorry to hear about your brother. He is SO young! I'm sure he will be in good hands with the doctors. I will send some prayers your way!!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete