Monday, July 20, 2009

FUN NEW PURCHASE

Hope everyone had a nice weekend! It is sooooo very hot here in Calif! It's been about 100. When it gets this hot, I really miss our pool! I wanted to share a fun new item that I bought over the weekend. We have a shop in our area that opens just once a month for four days and boy, is it worth the wait! I have bought so many cool things from them in the past and this weekend was no different. Isn't this the coolest? I think I am going to use it as a vase. I have a skinny long vase that will fit right down inside, but will not be seen when the flowers are "peeking" out. Don't forget to click on the pics if the right side is cut off.

Photobucket

Wanted to share another item that I got - this one I got a while back. Isn't this fun? I have this on top of my hoosier cabinet. I love unusual things!

Photobucket

Have all of you seen the movie "The Holiday" with Cameron Diaz and Kate Winslet? Oh my word, I just watched it today ... I LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. Iris' home in England!!!! What a fun movie!!!

Have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. Love the container. And the sign too! I have not seen The Holiday yet. At least I don't think so. Pretty bad if I don't remember it.

    I hate this heat too. It was 107 on Sunday at our house. Yucko!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I own that movie and yes I SOOOOO would move into Iris' home in a heartbeat! I dream of living in a house like that!
    Your finds are the BEST! I love them both!
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great finds!!! I love that ice cream sign. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The give away arrived and it is such a great book with the lovely art work and the yummy recipes. I quickly found several that will make some very tasty eats for a coming home party for my husband. Prayers are still welcome as he is now fighting infection. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

    ReplyDelete