Monday, June 29, 2009

Bike Riding & Golfing

Boy, what a busy weekend I had! Friday evening, hubby and I went down to the Square to get some frozen yogurt. We ate it in the little courtyard ... pictures below! Our town is pretty big (over 100,000) yet it still has that small town feel sometimes. Every time I go out to the store or a restaurant, we always see someone we know, which I think is so strange since there are so many people living here ... definitely a small world, isn't it??!! The second picture of this courtyard is one of our founding father's home from the 1800's. They fashioned the courtyard around it ... so cool! And in the third picture, to the left is a coffee house and to the right is an Italian restaurant with courtyard dining. I cannot believe how much my pictures are getting cut off ... I am missing a lot of these courtyard pictures. I will try working on that to figure out what is going on! Neabear just commented and she said if you click on the picture, you can see the whole thing. However, I will still keep working on the problem. Thanks, Neabear!

Photobucket

Photobucket


Photobucket


On Saturday, hubby and I took a 16 mile bike ride along the bike/walking trails. We had to get that done early in the morning because the temperature rose to 104 on Saturday. Uhgggg!!! These bike/walking trails in our area are really great! They go for miles and miles and miles through all of the neighboring towns. They are maintained by the parks district.

Photobucket

Photobucket

On Sunday, we playing 9 holes of golf at a local golf course with another couple and it. was. so. hot!!! It was at least 100 degrees and we were out there on the course. Crazy, huh??!!! Our friends brought frozen Gatorade ... boy, was that good!! See the picture of the squirrel? He got within 12 inches of me and then hopped into our golf cart. It was pretty funny! He is definitely used to all the golfers. That's my hubby swinging! We also saw jack rabbits and geese along the course. On the second picture, if you click on it, you will see my friend.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I just don't seem to have the time to post more than once a week! I will try to post more but once a week maybe what I end up doing.

Have a very happy and safe 4th of July!!!!

3 comments:

  1. When I click on your pictures, I am able to see the whole thing. It is probably a resolution thing as to why the right side is cut off. When I upload my pictures to my posts, I use the medium size. What size do you use? Maybe that makes a difference. Sounds like you had a great weekend even though it was so hot. It was hot here too. I am so glad it is cooler today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you're having a fantastic summer -- heat and all. Your squirrel experience sounds pretty funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh it's just lovely!! Thanks for sharing your trip! Love your little friend!
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete