Sunday, May 31, 2009

First Post Ever

Bird family

Since I have been reading so many of your blogs the last few years, I decided to stop being a lurker and join the fun and start one of my own.  I'm not really sure what I will blog about, but I'm sure something will come to mind.  A little about me: My name is MJ and I live in Northern California.  I have been married for almost 23 years and have a college-age son.  I love decorating, trying new recipes, feeding the birds and squirrels in my yard and reading all of your blogs.  I do some selling on eBay and I also sell at our local antiques fair once a year.  Now all I have to do is figure out how to post my favorite blogs, etc.   Please be patient with me! The picture above is a family of birds in my yard.  They return every season to this gourd birdhouse that my friend gave me.  They just love it!  

I would love to have a giveaway!  Within two weeks time, I will let you know what you can win when you leave me a comment (and, of course, if I pick your name!).  :-)

3 comments:

  1. Hello MJ, and welcome to the fabulous world of blogging! Judging from your first post, your blog layout and your amazingly sharp photograph, I'd say you've figured things out quite nicely already!!!! I will look forward to your next post and your giveaway!!!
    Again, welcome!!
    Tracey
    www.acottageindustry.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to blogging! I hope you find as much enjoyment in it as I have! It's always nice to see another Northern California blogger!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you through your comment on Michelle's Birthday post on Chocolate and Marmelade Tea. Since you are new and from Northern California I had to come and visit. I am a Northern California gal also. Nearly all my life. My first 7 weeks were in LA area before my parents moved us to Oakland. I live further north than that now. I was too young to remember Oakland. I remember Hayward though. Had my 4th birthday there. So Welcome to the world of blogging! Now I need to read your other posts.

    ReplyDelete